Wisley Arts Fest
Wisley Arts Fest features demonstrations from members of Surrey Guild of Craftsmen - you will be able to 'meet the maker' and watch them work. Many will be offering 'have a go' sessions (at the makers' discretion) and there will be small workshops available with some makers. I will be demonstrating the machine knitting which I use to create my bespoke luxury knitwear.
Contemporary and traditional craft demonstrations
Demonstrations will include the following:
- Machine knitting - Susan Holton
- Beaded and mixed media jewellery - Dani Crompton
- Ceramics - Jane Henderson, Justine Munson, Alan Wallis
- Enamelling - Linda Connelly
- Felted textiles - Nancy Shafee
- Glass - Linda Scott Cerins
- Jewellery - Gabriella Sellors, Alexandra Simpson
- Metalwork - Alison Catchlove
- Polymer clay - Ruth Winchester
- Stitched textiles - Louise Bell, Fee Fraser, Tanya Williamson
- Woven textiles and spinning - Carolyn Wallis
Those taking part will have a selection of their work available for visitors to browse and buy.
Wisley Arts Fest will include other artists and performers in addition to those listed.
Opening times and charges
- Wisley Arts Fest takes place inside the gardens.
- The gardens will be open 9am to 6pm.
- The event will be open 9am to 6pm.
- Entry to gardens and event is free to RHS members.
- Non-members pay to enter the gardens, event entry is included.
- There may be additional charges for some workshops.
It's best to check the Wisley web site (rhs.org.uk) before your visit if you are travelling a long distance or if there are adverse weather conditions as, very occasionally, there may be last minute changes and cancellations.