How can I pay?
- When you buy through my web site you can pay by credit or debit card, and ApplePay, using the secure checkout.
- If you prefer, you are welcome to email or telephone your order to me. You'll need to telephone your credit or debit card details to me on 020 8941 0441.
- You can also pay with PayPal. You don't need to have a PayPal account for this. I suggest you plan your order then phone or email me. I'll then send you a link to enable you to pay with Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
- Using my online checkout is secure, your data is encrypted and I don't see your card data.
- If you telephone your order and card details to me, I destroy your card details securely as soon as the transaction is complete.
Is there a charge for shipping/delivery?
- I offer complimentary standard (ie, not next day) delivery/shipping within the UK.
- Next day UK delivery is available for items in stock depending on the time you place your order.
- You can find more information about delivery/shipping here.
If it isn't in stock, how long will it take to make?
- I keep a small number of garments in stock and if the garment you have ordered is in stock it will be posted within a few days of receiving your order.
- If the garment is not in stock I will let you know as soon as I can, and I'll knit one specially for you. Under usual circumstances you should allow up to 30 days for it to arrive.
- If you need your order by a specific date please let me know. I’ll do my best to help, and I’ll let you know what I can do.
What happens if I want to return something I've bought on this web site?
- Getting the right garment and fit is really important, and I want my customers to feel able to buy on my web site with complete confidence.
- If you've changed your mind about anything you've bought from me on this web site you can return your purchase to me for exchange or refund as long as you return it unworn, in perfect condition, with all of the tags intact and properly attached.
- You can find full information about returns here. Please read the details in full before you return something, so you know how to go about it.
- You'll also find full details of the circumstances under which a refund or exchange will not be possible here.
How do I choose my size?
We all have an idea of our size - usually based on where we buy our clothes. However, a size 14 (for example) in one shop will probably be different from a size 14 in another.
- My knitwear is pre-washed and won’t shrink or stretch with normal treatment.
- Garments of the same size will vary depending on the style as they will have more or less ‘ease’, but they will fit the size indicated.
- To order the right size, it’s best to ask a friend to measure you carefully when wearing your usual underwear, and compare the result against my size guide.
- Please don't hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone if you would like further sizing advice. I'm always happy to help.
- I've written a blog post which has more information on how to measure and choose your size for online purchases, which you may also find helpful to read.
Can I order a special size or colour?
- Yes - you can. I produce almost all of my orders ‘on demand’ and I can usually knit your size even if it is outside my usual range.
- If you would like to discuss a custom size, or if you have any queries on any aspect of my knitwear, please email or phone.
Can I wash your knitwear or must I dry clean it?
- All of my knitwear is washable. Dry cleaning is not necessary.
- To maintain the softness, quality and drape of the garment it should be carefully hand washed in cool water (approximately 30 deg C) using a gentle non-biological product. Don't use harsh detergents or those containing bleaches and/or optical whiteners, as these damage the fibres & reduce the intensity & quality of colours. Do not bleach.
- Dark colours & all hand-dyed & denim yarns should be washed separately.
- After washing, rinse well. Gently ease garment into shape while damp. Dry flat, away from direct sunlight. Don't tumble dry.
- Denim yarns are designed to fade over time with washing & wearing.
- Denim dyes are less fixed than other dyes and when they are new, some of the colour can transfer onto light coloured fabrics in wear.
- If you wash your denim knitwear before you wear it for the first time will help with this.
- My garments have a sewn-in care label.
- Garments and accessories will also come with a swing tag which has full care instructions on it.
You can find more information about garment care here.
What do you do with my contact details?
- I only retain very basic information on my customers. For example, I keep a note of your name, address, and email address.
- For your safety and security, I do not keep a record of your credit or debit card or any financial information.
- I treat all personal, financial and any other information relating to my customers securely, and with care and respect.
- If you join my mailing list you can unsubscribe at any time.