Delivery & returns
Standard UK delivery/shipping is free. See below for shipping costs for Europe, North America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
- Standard UK delivery is free for any quantity.
- Within the UK I use courier or Royal Mail, which usually takes 3 to 5 days from dispatch to delivery.
- A signature will be required on delivery.
- Delivery/shipping costs for Europe, North America, Australia & New Zealand are added at checkout.
- Any shipping costs required for your order are added before you complete your purchase and make your payment, so you can still change your mind if you wish to.
- If you would like to know delivery/shipping costs for delivery outside Europe, North America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, please get in touch and I will be happy to confirm costs for your order.
- See the table below for costs (which are correct for 2018).
Shipping costs summary 2018
Click the name of your region in the table below to see shipping costs.
*Insured service. A signature will be required on delivery.
Please get in touch if you would like a shipping estimate specific to your order.
From time to time customs charges are levied on parcels as they enter some countries. These charges are the responsibility of the recipient. They aren't under our control and they are not included in our product or delivery costs.
Next day delivery
- Within the UK I'm happy to send items for Next Day Delivery if they are in stock. I usually use Royal Mail's 'guaranteed next day’ service for this.
- There will be an additional charge of £12.50 for this service, which covers up to 3 items sent in one shipment.
- You'll need to phone or email me before 11am so I can confirm that your order is in stock and take your card details.
- Your order will be delivered the next business day before 1pm.
- A signature will be required on delivery.
- The charge for next day delivery for orders of 4 or more garments will be confirmed as soon as possible after you place your order.
- I keep a small number of garments in stock. If it's in stock, your order will usually be posted within a couple of days of receiving your order.
- Exceptionally there may be a longer wait, for example if I am away at a show or event. If any of these circumstances apply I will advise you as soon as possible.
- If your order isn't in stock I'll let you know, and I'll knit it specially for you. You should usually allow up to 28 days for it to arrive.
- You can change your mind and have a full refund if you would prefer not to wait.
- If you need your order for a specific event or date please let me know. I’ll do my best to help, and I’ll let you know what I can do.
Returns of website purchases
I want you to be able to buy my knitwear on this web site with absolute confidence. And I hope you'll be delighted with your purchases.
Within the European Union
If you've changed your mind, any item you have bought through my website or by telephone or email order can be returned to me for exchange or refund as long as it is returned in perfect condition, unworn, with all of the tags still properly attached to the garment.
- Please use the original packaging or alternative packaging which is at least as protective to the item you are returning.
- If you wish to return an order which included gift packaging and would also like the gift packaging to be refunded, the gift packaging must also be returned in perfect and reusable condition.
- I recommend that you use an insured and tracked method if you wish to return items to me.
- It's important that you obtain proof of posting - without this you won't be able to make a claim against Royal Mail for loss of any items that fail to reach me.
- I won't be able to issue a refund or exchange if a returned item doesn't reach me, or if it arrives damaged.
- I am happy to advise on return methods, so please get in touch if you'd like help or advice.
- You'll need to be sure to pack items safely and securely for all returns by whatever method.
- Please be sure to include a copy of your proof of purchase, this can be the purchase invoice, delivery note or receipt. Please also include your full name, full postal address and email address, and your telephone number, in the package.
- For exchanges, you'll need to let me know the items you'd like instead.
- Your exchange or refund will be issued as soon as possible after I receive your returned garment.
Timetable for returning website, telephone or email purchases
- Please let me know if you wish to return an item as soon as possible by email (or telephone if you prefer). You need to do this within 14 calendar days of receiving your purchase.
- Your returned item must reach me within 14 calendar days of the date you contact me to cancel your order.
- This means that your returned item must reach me no later than 28 days after you first received it.
- If you wish to return anything bought during December as a Christmas gift, please let me know as soon as you can that you wish to return it. I understand that you probably won't be able to let me know until early January.
- If you wish to return anything bought during December as a Christmas gift, your returned item must reach me no later than 31st January. Unless I have agreed in writing that a later return is acceptable.
Refunds of website, telephone or email purchases
- Within the UK and EU, for purchases from this web site the purchase price including standard UK shipping will be refunded to you in full, provided you have fulfilled all of the criteria listed above. Please read the return criteria listed above carefully. The key points are that the returned item must reach me in perfect condition, unworn, with all of the tags still properly attached to the garment, using the original packaging or other packaging at least as good.
- Refunds will be made to the card with which the original purchase was made.
- Any costs you have incurred returning the item to me will not be refunded unless the garment is faulty.
- The cost of returning an item to me from within the UK will vary from between £3.50 to £11.00 depending on the size and weight of the item you are returning, the number of items, and the method used.
- If you paid extra for next day delivery that will only be refunded to you if the item is faulty.
Items which cannot be refunded or exchanged
- I cannot refund or exchange used, worn or customer damaged items (statutory rights not affected).
- I cannot refund or exchange any item from which any of the tags have been removed.
- I cannot refund or exchange special or custom sizes, or any bespoke garments, garment sizes, lengths or colours - that is, any items which are not part of my standard ranges.
- It is important that you contact me before you return your item.
- If in doubt please ask for clarification before you place your order.
Your rights are different when you buy in person
When you buy from my website you have an absolute right to return your purchase for a full refund, as described above. This is because until the item reaches you, you won't have had an opportunity to see it in person, to try it on and to examine it fully, and I want my customers to be able to buy from my web site or by mail order with absolute confidence.
When you buy in person you have the opportunity to examine the item fully, and the same rights don't apply. And - I have no way to be sure that the item hasn't been worn. This means that when you buy in person you don't have the right to a refund if you have changed your mind. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like further clarification.